From time to time, Forestview Community Church will have job opportunities. Individuals who wish to grow their Christ-Centered careers are invited to apply to the below position or submit your resume for future opportunities to Tracy@forestviewcommunitychurch.ca
JOB POSTING: Youth and Children Ministry Leader
Forestview Community Church is seeking to hire a Youth and Children’s Ministry Leader. ‘Helping youth and children live out their full potential in Christ,’ that is what this leader will be passionate about. This will be done by introducing them to a transforming relationship with Jesus and helping them stay rooted in it; helping them recognize, develop and use their spiritual gifts; as well as equip them to share their faith and make a difference in the world. This ministry is done as a team, with a committed group of volunteers and with parents as vital partners. This paid position is 26 hours/week including some evenings. Job description follows this post. For more information or to submit a Letter of application and resume contact: Tracy Werner at Tracy@forestviewcommunitychurch.ca or 905-945-9529.
Summary of Responsibility:
The Youth and Children’s Ministry Leader is responsible to oversee and support our ministry to children and youth, ensuring that children, ages 0-17, are inspired and equipped to become fully engaged disciples of Jesus who are abiding, loving, and bearing fruit.
General Ministry Responsibilities:
- Equip and support a team of adults and young adults to develop, plan, and implement effective ministry to our children and youth, in accordance with the Word of God
- Oversee the recruitment, development, placement, and appreciation of volunteers in the Children and Youth ministries, ensuring ministry teams are adequately resourced with the right team leaders and members
- With the Disciple Development Director, develop and implement a discipleship plan for children and youth
- Commit to actively pray for the children, youth, team leaders, and team members involved in these ministries
- Oversee the Youth and Children’s ministry budgets and financial transactions
- Promote communication through timely e-announcements and other forms of relevant communication
- Equip parents with resources as they raise their children and youth in the Lord
- Ensure that all ministry volunteers are accredited and trained according to the Plan to Protect policy guidelines and that all P2P policies and procedures are followed and appropriate paperwork is maintained
Responsibilities Specific to Youth Ministry
- Teach and equip youth and leaders in small and large group settings
- Teach & equip youth in a biblical worldview and in the ability to defend their faith
- Engage youth in true Christian community through involvement in Life Groups
- Promote service through age appropriate service projects
- Promote intergenerational engagement through intergenerational events and projects
- Engage parents as vital partners
- Advocate for youth and work with the Growing Young Cohort to integrate our Youth into every aspect of Forestview’s ministry
- Equip youth through involvement in mentoring relationships
- Provide periodic retreat opportunities
- Be available to youth in a variety of ways (attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Track progress in moving youth toward the desired ministry outcomes
Responsibilities Specific to Children’s Ministry
- Ensure appropriate, biblically sound curriculum is ready for use.
- Ensure that nursery, special needs room, and classrooms are always adequately staffed on Sunday mornings and for special services that are not in the regular Sunday rotation
- Oversee the annual teacher, adult and junior helper orientation and training
- Facilitate team leaders’ meetings for communication, planning and development
- Work with the team leaders to ensure that guests are welcomed
- Oversee the planning of a Christmas program that includes children and youth.
- Assist team leaders in resolving issues that arise.
- Update job descriptions, as necessary.
Youth Ministry 18 hrs/wk
Children’s Ministry 8 hrs/wk
Total 26 hrs/wk
- The Youth and Children’s Ministry Leader reports to the Disciple Development Director
- Team leaders under this ministry area report to the Youth and Children’s Ministry Leader
- Bi-weekly meeting with Disciple Development Director for support, coordination, direction, & development
- Participation in a Life Group for mutual care and encouragement (not included in hours)
- Values children and youth and has a passion to see them thrive
- Is a fully engaged disciple who abides, loves, and bears fruit
- Dynamic personality that readily engages with children and youth
- Relationally healthy, able to interact well with all people (adults, parents, youth)
- Evangelistic – leads others to Christ; involved in the community
- Committed to modeling Forestview’s vision and values as a leader and church member
- P2P accredited and committed to work within the boundaries of our P2P policies & procedures